• Health services

    As a student in France, it's important to understand the healthcare system and services available to you.

    Health insurance, also known as Social Security, is mandatory for all students in France. This means that you will need to pay for your healthcare expenses upfront, including visits to the doctor and medication. However, a portion of these expenses will be reimbursed by Social Security, leaving the remainder at your own cost. You can pay directly yourself or subscribe to complementary health insurance that covers extra expenses.

    broken image

    You are from the EU, Schengen zone, or Switzerland


    European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) 

    If you're from the EU, Schengen zone, or Switzerland, you can ask your home country's social welfare organization for an EHIC. This card will cover your healthcare expenses in France, as long as it's valid until at least the end of the academic year. In the event of illness, you will only need to pay the contribution fee.

    broken image

    You are from outside the EU and Schengen zone


    Subscription to Social Security

    You'll need to subscribe to the free Social Security system in France on the service website. To do this, you'll need to provide copies of your passport and resident card, certificate of birth, proof of accommodation, university registration and an IBAN in France.

    Once subscribed, your healthcare expenses will be covered by Social Security.

  • general rules



    Have questions?
    Contact us:

    +33 (0)3 72 74 48 60